Family Support Advisor/Attendance Officer
Our family support advisor works within the school and supports pupils and families to resolve any issues or challenges they may have. Through this support, they enable our pupils and families to overcome barriers to learning and help parents and staff to support our pupil’s learning.
The support offered includes:
- Helping school staff, pupils and parents to identify problems and possible solutions
- Making referrals to other agencies, such as social services, educational psychologists or health professionals.
- Supporting our safeguarding lead
- Making home visits or meeting pupils and parents in school to provide ongoing support
- encouraging parents to make good relationships with the school
- Supporting Safeguarding issues and preparing reports on pupils with special educational needs.
Our Family Support Advisor is Mrs Bool – a message from her:
“I am Mrs Bool and I am the Archers Brook School Family Support Advisor/Attendance Officer.
In my role I have the welfare of all our pupils, families and carers as my top priority.
This starts with their regular attendance to school, finding strategies and solutions to support and encourage pupils to access education.
I support our families who are struggling to cope and may just need extra support by offering a TAF and working alongside outside agencies to access the best support we can offer.
I also run the Parenting Support Group which is held the last Friday of every month from 10am – 11am, which enables parents and carers to get together and support each other as it's good to know you’re not on your own. We also cover different topics like E-Safety and de-escalation and also raise funds for good causes such as Macmillan.”